- Leaders in the concrete cutting and drilling services industry
- Experts in road sawing, the most commonly used diamond cutting method
- Horizontal flat asphalt or concrete surfaces such as floors, slabs, bridge decks, bitumen and pavements
- Various types of concrete sawing such as providing expansion joints, slab, driveway and kerb removal
- Saw cuts to 450mm deep and a range of blade widths from 4mm to 20mm
- No job is too big, no job is too small.
South East Concrete Cutting and Drilling are leaders in the concrete cutting and drilling services industry and are experts in road sawing, the most commonly used diamond cutting method for horizontal flat asphalt or concrete surfaces such as floors, slabs, bridge decks, bitumen and pavements. Our road saw/floor saw can be used for various types of concrete sawing such as:
- providing expansion joints
- slab, driveway and kerb removal
- trenches for drainage/plumbing
- removing concrete sections for demolition
- removing damaged pavement sections
- cosmetic sawing
- cow yard grooving
Our expertise and equipment ensures you have a variety of depth and widths that can be achieved with saw cuts to 450 mm deep and a range of blade widths from 4 mm to 20 mm. Our road saw/floor saw is a walk behind self-driven machine that allows us to cut in the bigger scale of concrete cutting. The road saw is mostly used for cutting the concrete into smaller manageable pieces in large and deep structured areas for demolition.
HAND AND RING SAWING
- Skill and experience to undertake all your hand and ring sawing projects
- Latest hydraulic fume free saws for indoor cutting
- Highly specialized equipment is portable and easily set up by our trained operators
- Commonly used for cutting a range of concrete or asphalt surfaces
- Cuts to a maximum depth of 250 mm
- Cutting in confined spaces where there is limited access and the floor saw will not fit
South East Concrete Cutting and Drilling have the skill and experience to undertake all your hand and ring sawing projects. Our highly specialised equipment is portable and easily set up by our trained operators. Commonly used for cutting pool surroundings, garden shed slabs, square kerbs, pathways and channelling, walls, windows, doors and any other concrete or asphalt surfaces, the hand saw allows for cutting in confined spaces where there is limited access and the floor saw will not fit.
The hand saw cuts to a maximum depth of 150 mm, with a diamond tipped blade and the use of water for dust suppression which allows the blade to cut through your desired surface with ease. For larger projects, we use a ring saw which cuts to a maximum depth of 250 mm and feeds a ring blade through rollers which enables cutting to a greater depth than the hand saw.
We use the latest hydraulic fume free saws for indoor cutting and employ environmental controls including dust suppression measures and sediment runoff on all our projects. Contact us today to discuss your hand and ring sawing projects.
- Core drill precise circular holes in reinforced concrete, concrete block or brick, asphalt and concrete panels, stone and masonry
- Vertical, horizontal and inverted drilling is available
- Stitch drilling can be provided with no limit to the size and shape of the concrete penetrations to be made
- Vehicles carry a wide range of different sized diameter core drill bits
- Diameters of 12mm, typically up to 1000mm, although special arrangements can be made for holes of up to 3500mm Cut openings for plumbers pipes, air-conditioning duct installation, electrical cables and drainage work
South East Concrete Cutting and Drilling can core drill precise circular holes in reinforced concrete, concrete block or brick, asphalt and concrete panels, stone and masonry. Our core drills penetrate concrete and reinforced floors, walls and ceilings with the use of self-fed water and hollow steel cylinders that are fitted with segmented diamond teeth to grind away the surface and create a hole with a diameter of 12 mm, typically up to a diameter of 1000 mm, although special arrangements can be made for holes of up to 3500 mm diameter to be drilled.
Core drilling techniques are used when precise, circular cuts are needed. Holes of almost any diameter can be easily drilled to make openings for plumbers pipes, air-conditioning duct installation, electrical cables and drainage work. Vertical, horizontal and inverted drilling is available with our drilling rigs being bolted down or for finished and delicate areas a suction pad can be used so not to damage the surface. To create large openings and slots in walls or in floors, particularly where access is difficult or restricted, stitch drilling can be provided which uses a series of overlapping core holes to create the opening required with no limit to the size and shape of the concrete penetrations to be made.
Our vehicles carry a wide range of different sized diameter core drill bits, including hand-held core drills for small holes or if the drilling rigs cannot be used. For large quantity drilling, we employ an automatic drill rig allowing for a semi-autonomous drilling operation resulting in increased output and cost savings. Contact us today to discuss your core drilling requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any difference between core drilling and diamond drilling?
Not really, core drilling and diamond drilling are relative concepts.
In core drilling, hard surfaces like concrete walls, floors, granites, rocks, or asphalts are cut (basically, a hole is made) using a round drill bit. This not only makes a hole in the surface but extracts the material out of that space.
In diamond drilling, a diamond drill bit is attached to the rotary drill. This is done to make precise and measured holes in the surface.
Are there any risks involved in core drilling?
Every job comes with a risk, but we make constant efforts to offer safe core hole drilling in Brisbane both, for you and our workers. Here are some common risks and steps you must take to prevent damage.
- The dust from drilling might enter the lungs of the workers or anyone nearby, so wear face masks while the work is being carried out.
- The noise from drilling could be dangerous for employees for long hours, so the task must be paused periodically to avoid this situation.
We carry out risk assessments before any task to ensure the safety of our workers and you.
Why is road sawing done on concrete roads?
Road sawing is done to create cuts in the road. This helps in controlling cracks that can occur on the roads due to shrinkage. It helps in improving the longevity and durability of the roads. The cuts are made keeping in mind various factors like spacing, the temperature of the surroundings, the design of the concrete, the type of mixtures used, and other specific conditions.
Why diamond drilling in Brisbane is considered a better option?
Diamond drilling has become a popular method of drilling in commercial and industrial avenues lately. It is considered better than the conventional core hole drilling in Brisbane;
- Causes minimal damage to the property
- Gives precise holes in the walls or floors
- Suitable for all working situations, it is the most adjustable drilling method
- Causes minimal dust, noise, and waste
- Diamond drilling rotary is very lightweight and easy-to-handle
- Diamond drilling machines can be operated with a remote
Do you offer services outside Brisbane?
Yes, why not! South East Concrete Cutting offers their services outside Brisbane as well. We charge extra to cover the travelling costs. You can have a discussion with our team to know the exact quotes.
How much time do you take to complete the job?
South East Concrete Cutting takes pride in giving a quick response to all enquiries. We have the latest equipment to complete any task like concrete cutting, core hole drilling, road sawing, and others with full efficiency and on time. We can only give you a defined deadline once we know the following;
- Nature of the task
- Area that needs the work
- Location, as it would include our travelling time.
We are punctual so there won’t be any delays on our part unless there are unavoidable situations. We also take emergency jobs for drilling and cutting, so contact our team to know more about this.
Do you provide free consultations?
Yes, of course! We believe in keeping full transparency before and during the project. Our team can provide nearly accurate quotes for all the core hole drilling projects in Brisbane. For this, we need to either visit the site or require you to send us a clear picture so that we can determine a desirable quote.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY
"Result is Perfect"
"A Good Job"
"Completed Very Professionally"
"Reliable and Efficient"